Thursday, May 5, 2011

Some Pics from CST

About Me

If you're reading this, you know who I am, where I am and what I'm doing. For obvious reasons, we don't need anyone else knowing this information, so please don't use my name, your name or other family members' names in posts. I plan to photoshop my name off my uniform in the near future. This is just a rough idea so far.

CST stands for Combat Skills Training.  It's 60 days long and conducted at a few Army bases around the country.  A lot of the equipment we're getting trained on has classified components and we're therefore not allowed to photograph it.  But these are a few glimpses of the "fun" I'm having.

*** PLEASE REMEMBER: IF YOU POST ANYTHING, DO NOT USE ANYONE'S NAMES (YOURS, MINE OR FAMILY MEMBERS ***


Getting trained on the Improved Outer Tactical Vest (IOTV).  They're much improved since my last deployment


M1151A1 recovery operations (translation: pulling the Humvee out of the mud)


Night vision.  Obviously, I had no idea this was being taken until I saw the flash.

Climbing into the M240B gunners turret on our vehicle (our call sign: Avalanche-5)

Miles away.

Another "stand around and wait" training session.

Waiting to move out in our convoy.  Your tax dollars at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment